Shielded Overpack Supply
After securing A contract to manufacture the Trawsfynydd Shielded Overpack, we embarked on a ‘build to print’ project for 150 Shielded Overpacks.
- Demonstrate our ability to manufacture to a customer’s pre-existing design
- Provide the very best solution possible, on time and on budget
Planning and implementation
Even though the Shielded Overpack was a proven design that was supplied to Trawsfynydd, after we reviewed the manufacturing drawings and specification highlighted, we concluded that it could not realistically be manufactured as drawn.
After a full and thorough review of previous supply and the specified requirements, we agreed changes with the team Trawsfynydd to update the design.
The updating of the design allowed us to progress with a ‘build to print’ manufacture and we supplied all 150 containers to Trawsfynydd Decommissioning Site.
Benefits of working with Amber Precast
- We are innovators in waste containers for the nuclear sector
- We are competitive
- We provide unrivalled insight
- We can meet the most stringent nuclear sector requirements
- We have metrology capabilities far in excess of the sector norm
- We have the ability to measure large scale packages
- We undertake design scopes to meet customers challenging and sometimes changing requirements